2018 Suzuki AN650ZL8
The Burgman 650 ABS* Executive provides you an outstanding riding experience through an advanced transmission with two fully automatic modes (Drive and Power) plus optional manual shifting. A reliable and robust DOHC, liquid cooled engine utilizes design elements from the legendary Hayabusa to provide all the performance you’ll ever need – and then some. This urban smart and travel-ready scooter is equipped with spacious ergonomics, smooth suspension, and a plush seat with adjustable lumbar support, ample storage compartments, and an aerodynamically designed remotely adjustable windscreen. Additional amenities only available on the Executive model include heated grips for the rider, a supportive backrest for the passenger, and a heated seat for both the rider and the passenger.
- Large diameter wheels and tires, a stout telescopic front fork, supple rear shocks, and ABS-equipped* triple disc brakes help you master any road you’re on.
- Executive-level conveniences include illuminated storage, heated rider and passenger seating, heated rider grips, and power mirrors that tuck in tight at the flick of a switch.
- Fuel-injected, liquid-cooled, 638cc twin-cylinder engine uses legendary Hayabusa technology for outstanding power and fuel economy.
- Rule the ride via two computer-controlled, fully automatic CVT modes (Drive and Power) plus a rider-controlled Manual Shift mode with a handlebar-mounted rocker button.
- Journey in a capsule of comfort thanks to a remote power windshield, and plush seat with an adjustable lumbar pad for the rider and a supportive backrest for the passenger.
- Twin cylinder, 638cc, liquid-cooled engine features a precise fuel-injection system and vibration-reducing dual counter balancer shafts that deliver a smooth and powerful riding experience.
- The Suzuki Fuel Injection system with O2 feedback plus the Pulsed-secondary AIR-injection (PAIR) system and catalyzer-equipped exhaust boost fuel efficiency and minimize emissions.
- The sleek exhaust system with stylish triangle-section muffler effectively control sounds.
- Computerized Suzuki Electronically-controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (SECVT) featuring an efficient dry, hybrid construction belt provides highly efficient performance. Drive mode provides superb fuel economy at normal road speeds while delivering a smooth and linear riding experience; Power mode is similar to Drive, but provides more punch when you twist the throttle; Manual Shift mode lets you thumb-toggle between six preset gear ratios for a unique feeling of control.
- Strong, tubular steel frame and aluminum-alloy swingarm allow the engine to be mounted in a canted forward position to create an excellent balance of stability and agility.
- Telescopic front forks provide a sporty yet plush ride over a variety of road surfaces.
- The twin-shock, swingarm style rear suspension has spring preload adjustment and contributes to the scooter’s impressive 1014 pounds GVWR rating.
- Front and rear disc brakes with ABS* deliver reassuring stopping power with adjustable controls to set both brake levers’ position to the rider’s preference.
- The dual front brakes feature floating discs to provide more consistent braking performance.
- New, black-finish brake levers match the rest of the high-quality controls.
- A lever-operated parking lock provides extra peace of mind. The lever has a stylish design that makes it easier to reach and operate
- Lightweight, cast-aluminum wheels with a 14-inch rear tire and 15-inch front tire provide outstanding highway speed stability, good low-speed handling with a refined look.
- Majestic bodylines express power and agility, with contours that express the statement of quality and performance.
- The powered windscreen can be adjusted to suit the rider’s height, and powered mirrors can be retracted and extended at the touch of a button.
- The seat is optimally sized and thickly padded for two-up luxury even on long journeys. The rider’s backrest can be adjusted forward and backward by 50mm for optimal support. No tools are necessary
- New, white double stitching on the seat’s cover matches the scooter’s bodywork and accentuates the shape of the cushion.
- Pillion rider footrests provide comfort, letting their feet feel planted and relaxed, even during extended tours.
- The rear backrest firmly supports the passenger providing additional comfort and a sense of security.
- Suzuki’s attention to luxury extends even to the rider’s hands. The handlebar grips incorporate electric heaters that can be controlled by the rider. A flick of a switch activates an electric seat heater for both the rider and passenger.
- A cavernous, 50-litre under-seat compartment can hold two full-face helmets and has a light for nighttime convenience. A cable lock allows you to secure a helmet outside the compartment to make space for luggage inside. Helmet sizes and shapes vary, so helmets may not fit in the under-seat compartment.
- Three compartments below the handlebars provide space for maps and other items you might need on the road. Lower compartment can be locked and the other two are push-open types. One contains a DC outlet that’s ideal for charging a mobile telephone.
- The ignition switch is fitted with a magnetic security cover that opens only with correctly coded key.
- Instrument cluster features a clean, refined look of quality. Large analogue dials for the speedometer and tachometer flank a digital display that shows an odometer, twin trip meters, a fuel consumption meter, a fuel meter, a coolant temperature indicator, a thermometer, a clock, an oil level indicator, an oil change indicator, a drive mode indicator (for drive mode and power mode), and a gear position indicator (for manual mode).
- The eco drive indicator light, located on the instrument panel, will illuminate when the scooter is ridden in a fuel-efficient manner. The eco drive indicator does not automatically improve fuel economy, but helps riders refine their riding habits to improve fuel consumption. Fuel consumption varies depending on traffic conditions, such as the frequency of starts from stop, distance driven, rate of acceleration (throttle use), chosen speed, and scooter condition.
- Slim, sharply styled multi-reflector headlights portray originality and sophistication in addition to providing outstanding illumination of the road ahead.
- Additional LED turn signals mounted in the rearview mirrors add to the scooter visibility to other drivers.
- Stylized Suzuki “S” 3-D emblem windscreen cover and handlebar cover denotes the quality and sophistication of the brand.
- A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories for Burgman owners are available including a large selection of Suzuki logo apparel.
- 12-month limited warranty. Longer warranty coverage period and other benefits are available through the Suzuki Extended Protection Plan (SEP).
- Engine: 638cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 45-degree parallel twin
- Bore x Stroke: 75.5 x 71.3 mm (2.97 x 2.81 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 11.2:1
- Fuel System: Suzuki Fuel Injection
- Starter: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Transmission: SECVT (Suzuki Electronic Automatic & Manual Shift)
- Final Drive: Gear Drive
- Suspension Front: Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Swingarm, dual shock, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Twin disc brakes
- Brakes Rear: Disc brake
- Tires Front: 120/70R 15 M/C 56H, tubeless
- Tires Rear: 160/60R 14 M/C 65H, tube type
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 4.0 US gal. (15.0 L)
- Color: Pearl Glacier White
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (transistorized)
- Spark plugs: NGK CR8EA or DENSO U24ESR-U
- Headlight: 12V 60/55W H4 x 2
- Tail Light: 12V 21/5W
- Overall Length: 2265 mm (89.2 in.)
- Overall Width: 810 mm (31.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1585 mm (62.4 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 125 mm (4.9 in.)
- Seat Height: 760 mm (29.9 in.)
- Curb Weight: 277 kg (611 lb.), 278 kg (618 lb.) CA model
- Warranty: 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty. Coverage extension and additional benefits are available.
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, DOHC, 45-deg. parallel twin
- Bore and Stroke
- 2.97 x 2.81 in. (75.5 x 71.3 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Suzuki Fuel Injection
- Electronic ignition (transistorized)
- SECVT (Suzuki Electronic Automatic & Manual Shift)
- Drive System
- Gear Drive
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Twin disc brakes
- Front Tire
- 120/70R 15 M/C 56H, tubeless
- Rear Suspension
- Swingarm, dual shock, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Tire
- 160/60R 14 M/C 65H, tube type
- 50 L underseat, three compartments below handlebars
- Curb Weight
- 611 lb. (277 kg); CA model: 618 lb. (278 kg)
- Seat Height
- 29.9 in. (760 mm)
- 62.4 in. (1585 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.0 US gal. (15.0 L)
- Pearl Glacier White
- 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty. Coverage extension and additional benefits are available.